View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Staking/Make-up question: What to do with lower prize-pools?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've got a terrible mindset if you can't play 100% just because you wont get actual cash, you have makeup it makes absolutely zero difference to your bottom line if you end up getting 11th in a WPT or getting 2nd in a $500 event, you still have to pay that make up at some point and your mindset about it probably makes you a terrible investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you didn't read the entire thread, it's more of an issue of me being rolled for these tournaments and not having a clear deal ahead of time for what tournaments I'm backed in. Maybe that makes me a bad investment, but I play poker for money and I'm concerned with my bottom line, playing for a % of a $300 tournament does feel like a waste of time to me. If that makes me a bad investment, I don't really care, you'd think backers would want their horses to be concerned with the bottom line. [/thread]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the thread, maybe you should read it back to yourself? Your bottom line is not affected AT ALL if you have to win the money back at some point anyways, how can you not see this? If you feel like $300 tournaments arent worth your time why are you asking 2p2, dont play them, You however phrased this as a backing question, and it makes no difference at all, you have to pay the makeup back at some point, 15k is the same coming from a WPT event as it is a $500 prelim.