View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally like Europeans. They seem to "get it" about the important stuff, like family and vacations and work/life balance. It's tough to generalize because of all the different countries but that's my overall sense.

I understand that you may be interested in the thoughts of Americans on this matter but I don't think you're going to get much out of it. Most Americans think about very little beyond food and tv. Plus, Americans are all so different. I'm a northern liberal. I like hockey and Democrats, I live in an urban apartment, shop at a natural foods co-op and so forth. I drive a German car. I have way, way more in common with your average European (at least, in the Western European countries) than I do with a huge numbers of Americans (maybe even most). For instance, people in the South. I have nothing in common with them. Nothing. Their accents are ridiculous, they're politically retarted and their insanely consumeristic and narrow minded.

I guess the thing I like best about Europeans is that they don't have huge political blocs in their country that are trying to roll them back to the 19th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is (hopefully), one of the best satirical posts on the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That post crushed it. When i hear about bible belt, god fearing, ignorant, highly conservative Americans i just can't believe they get a vote in my country.

Nothern/liberal America vs Southern/conservative America is likely as different as any two European countries. I like learning about new cultures and seeing new countries, a lot of these people might never leave the country their whole life.

Unfortunately our geography tends to force a cultural ignorance upon us. Canada above us is a very similar country, and Mexico below us is only visited when people want to get drunk on a resort. Most others are an ocean away. I'm not saying that makes it OK for so many of us to be so clueless, but at least there's a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, they are thinking teh same thing about you, and the people like me, who understand how retardedly fanatical, stupid, false, and somewhat sad, the whole red state/blue state thing is on both sides of teh coin think it about the whole lot of you.