Thread: Steps on Stars
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Steps on Stars -- feedback requested

[ QUOTE ]

This is what I dont really get, how will it keep the pro's out? If anything, the big money STT guys will be more likely to buy into 6a because there is a little less variance, its just like a high stakes SnG with a slightly different payout structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think either format will keep them out, I doubt there is anyone buying into 2k sngs who is like "eww 2 tables suck, I'll only play 1 tables" or vice versa. And even though I know I'd rather play against a table of guys who came up from step 1, I think it's overstated what a problem it could be. The guys who managed to win up from step1 to step6 are for the most part going to be good SNG players anyway, and the edge between them and the guys buying in is not going to be that huge, it's just a SNG after all. Whoever doesn't play horrendously and catches a few cards and wins a few flips near the end will win. I noticed this afternoon one of the first 6a ones ran and a guy whose avg. stake is $15 won. If Stars never do anything about this (and I don't think they will), I don't think anyone should get too hot and bothered really imo.