View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, just wanted a quick snapshot of what people think. Tight guy showed a 4 and mucked and old fish triumphantly tabled...
99!

Everyone at the table thought he was a total fish and they were looking forward to taking his money. Me and the other guy in the hand just stared at him in awe and realization of what a sick play he just made.

Nobody saw it coming when he tabled his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you give this as a read: "The small blind requires some explanation. He's a donk, but he's not playing crazy. He's one of those guys who thinks that playing tight is enough to make him not that bad so he generally plays postflop without much of a clue other than "don't call it off with nothing." " I mean what do you expect people to say? Obviously the read was way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the bump but i've been out in the woods for a couple days and no internet access.

yeah, my read was way off. so was everybody else's at the table. it just goes to show you the unpredictability of poker that somebody who's playing for hours in one fashion makes a move that is totally out of line with what anybody would expect. it's like the guy at your table that plays 14/12 for a couple hours then calls off his stack with 9 high or the calling station fish that folds the second nuts to you on the river: your read of a player will never actually encompass nor prepare you for every decision he'll ever make, and sometimes people take actions that are way out of character.

p.s. i'm drunk whudup