View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Betfred refuse to take action against disconnect abuse!

Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself, I am the Support Manager at Betfred Poker.

We are deeply dissapointed to read the above post which has been made. We take any DP abuse very seriously as it is in place to protect players should their internet connection be lost whilst involved in a pot.

Disconnection protection is obviously in place for genuine disconnections only.

If a player contacts us with concerns that another player may have abused the DP facility we will always complete a full investigation, as we do take such matters very seriously. Any player who misuses this protection by intentionally disconnecting, may:

Forfeit any monies won
Lose Disconnection Protection privileges
Face expulsion from the site

The information that was provided to us was then in turn brought to our network providers attention (iPoker) so that a full investigation could be completed.

The outcome of the investigation that was completed was provided to the player. It clearly showed that the player in question is an established player who does not have any previous history of abuse. However the player does have a recent history of experiencing disconnections. Although the manner of these disconnections could be interpreted as suspicious they could also be genuine and they are by no means conclusive of abuse.

As we are unable to conclusively state that player with the nickname ‘flyygger’ has been abusing their DP we are unable to offer a refund.

However, due to a number of recent disconnections by this player we have removed the Disconnection Protection facility. We have also recommended that before the DP privilege would be considered to be re-instated, the player should upgrade the internet connection and or the specifications of the computer being used to enable a better playing experience.

We have taken this action in the interest of all players and the general speed of the game.

Please note that we do have tables available where there is no Disconnection Protection offered these are available on a wide variety of games at all different levels for players to choose.

If anyone has any questions on the matter, please reply and I'll do my best to give an honest answer.