View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Showing At Showdown

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the "make sure it's not a fouled hand" argument. For any hand that doesn't go to showdown, do you require the winner to show the hand to protect against a fouled hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Good point. An obvious flaw in this argument. This is why you shouldn't watch 3-4 football games, referee the kids playing playstation and try to answer peoples questions....lol

[ QUOTE ]
So, SF, if you're at showdown and everybody mucks except for one person, and that person refuses to show, what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how somebody can refuse. They have to release the cards and when they do they simply get turned face up. Should they stuff them into the muck then there are certain penalties, if tourney, that could be applied and possible expulsion, if cash game.

But this makes me think of this question from another point of view. What if a player, or players, are playing the board? Do you require player(s) to show? I believe the rules say player(s) must still show their cards even if they elect to play the board? Why would they need to show?

Also, I believe I've seen an episode of HSP where this instance of a player conceding occurred and the other player was required to show to claim the pot.