View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
This BS statement says, "Although we are in the process of attempting to recover all the winnings of this consultant, any unrecovered losses of affected players will be paid by Absolute Poker so that all affected persons will be made whole."

I'm not sure exactly what "made whole" means, but if it means fairly compensated I find this very unlikely unless AP gives back all of the monies of everyone who entered a tournament or sat in a cash game with a cheating player. Moving players up one spot in the standings doesn't account for all of the impact that a cheating player had on the game. Cheaters affected how many of the hands were played out, and cheaters may have crippled or knocked out players early in tournaments keeping people who may have made money out.

The only way AP can make sure that "all affected persons will be made whole" is if they allow all (non-cheating) players to keep their winnings and ALSO refund the buy-ins of every other player. In addition, AP would need to pay all players an hourly rate for time spent playing with cheaters and add interest on everything. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Also, not that it matters or comes as a surprise, but I'm pretty sure that AP cheats/ed affiliates too.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no way to EVER say that AP was 100% fair in paying people back unless they're forced to pay back WAAAAY more than was cheated. As I understand it, they're already going to be paying back significantly more than actually ended up in the cheating accounts.

So let's say that $1 mil ended up in the cheating accounts. How should that be distributed? No one really knows. The best thing AP can do with regards to paying people back is multiply that $1 mil by some decent factor, look through hand histories and pay people back as best as they can determine.

Any and all "refund" solutions can and will be criticized.