View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 20 +2: blind battle:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it didn't merit much discussion because no one cares, I think it's because this spot isn't that complicated.

I thought slightly more about the hand, and I like how you played it on pre and on the flop. I said pushing pre would be ok though, and sometimes it would be, but I think if your a competent post flop player calling and playing this hand w/ position is the better play. The thing we should take notice of though, that I kind of missed last night, is that villain checks the flop and then pots the turn. So imo I think he often got something here he is intending to showdown because if he was bluffing I think he'd just c-bet the flop. Now the question is does our hand have enough equity over his hand to jam the turn? I'm not going to run any numbers or ranges but my gut is telling me we don't. If he bets 1/2 or so on the turn I actually like pushing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks reasonably complicated to me, fwiw. Mostly because I think you nailed it on the head, swede - his bet on the turn really looks like he is committing himself and I'm seeing a better hand (Ad or a midpair) a ton more than I'm seeing a fold. I also think there was a good question as to whether I should c-bet the flop and whether I should push pre.

I dunno - I like questions like these a lot more than whether I should pushbot with a hand or if AQ is looking good in a turbo. I don't mean to sound difficult, but perfecting flop play in spots like this is so much more important (to me) than those questions, and he hardly have any of them anymore.

Barry