Thread: Botting the NHL
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Botting the NHL

Hi all,

You might remember me from my Botting the WNBA thread. Our first season ended up being a success, with 60% of picks winning. As I anxiously await the return of the NBA & WNBA seasons, I've turned my focus to the NHL where I'm hoping to eventually produce similar winning results.

This system is of course a work-in-progress. Just like with the WNBA tips I advise not to take it as gospel - use it as a starting point, look at the lines yourself, read the previews, see what others have to say. This is also my first season seriously betting the NHL, so it's a learning experience for me too. For example, I know sports betters who won't even touch a regulation time only bet, while I will have already had some of them, and will continue to do so at this time. Perhaps as I get more experienced this will change. I know people bet using different methods - for the purpose of keeping track of actual units, I'll say we're always risking 1 unit for + bets, and To Win for -1 bets. I'll be using Pinny lines.

I've also been posting my picks on another forum(just one with friends) for the last week, so I'm going to start off with that record here just to make it easier on myself for tracking publiclly. I can send the forum to people to verify the picks if they want - just PM me. For the record, the picks I've had so far are:

IRT = In Regulation Time.
OTI = Overtime included.

Oct 16:
Flyers -0.5 IRT, -116. Win.
Flyers -1.5 OTI, +160. Win.
Over 5.5 in Col/Cal @ -116, OTI. Win.

Oct 17:
Columbus OTI, -109. Loss.

Oct 18:
Washington -0.5 IRT +103, Loss.

Oct 19:
Carolina ML OTI +125. Loss.
Sabres -1.5 OTI +140. Loss.

Oct 20:
Boston ML OTI, -102. Win.
Dallas ML OTI, -127. Win.
Tampa -1.5 OTI, +169. Win.

October Record: 6-4 (+3.20u)

Today take the Minnesota Wild -0.5 IRT, +119.