View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. I, too think that the compensation the aggrieved players get from Absolute should be > 100% of the lost funds, but I really think we're exerting our energies inefficiently in trying to come up with a high-brow algorithm to derive a "logical" figure. I propose that we simply each get 150% of the amounts we lost to the cheaters. Simple, easy, and a reasonable premium.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Teddy. What makes you think for even a nano-second that YOU get to set any terms here? I'm sorry, but you're dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't addressing anything other than the posts from the last thread, which I thought were an inefficient use of our collective energies. People were trying to devise an algorithm by which players would not only get compensated their funds that were stolen by the cheats, but also some sort of "expected value" multiplier based on the money that the cheaters "saved" by knowing their hole cards, whereas a legit player would have paid them off. I don't think we're going to come up with an agreeable algorithm like that, so I proposed just a straight-up premium. I think you mistook my proposal for a genuine belief that they give two squirts what I think.