View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Wowwow... new stud structure on Stars.

It is highly unlikely that Raymer or any other individual player is responsible for the change. And anyway, so what? The game changes, you adapt. That's what poker players do. Those that can't or won't adapt give up and go away. This has been going on for decades. A lot of the old guard in California couldn't adapt when the action changed from draw games to hold'em and stud. When they went from one blind to two in LHE, that hurt a lot of tight players. Poker has been evolving for about 200 years and will continue to do so. You can adapt, or you can find honest work.

And I think a lot of folks make too much of different ante structures. Especially for stud/8, the mix of hands that you played with the $15 ante shouldn't change all that much with the $25 ante. It's not like you're suddenly going to play T98 or K44. How you play you hands might change a bit, but I don't think it should be too dramatic. The bottom line as always is that you're probably going to have to show down the best hand in order to win. If you were beating the old game for, say, 1 BB/100, I would guess that you could beat the new game for a small amount with no adjustment. If this game was worthwhile for you before, I don't see how it can't be now.