View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

To clarify: I think Absolute should pay some kind of restitution to the players. They assured players their network was safe. If some one was cheating, especially if it was an inside job, AP needs to be responsible for the losses of the victims. Even if these losses far exceed the account balance of the cheater(s).

It would be a good signal to the players if AP offered additional restitution. Big prizepool freerolls to those affected, free stuff from a points store (hypothetically) or really lucrative bonuses. Whatever. I would expect them to do this, because it makes sense business-wise. They need to show reimburse the players for messing up.

However, I don't think that they are required to do so. And especially not in some of the ways mentioned (the 'what if' scenarios), because these are too subjective.

My main point was that the cheaters did not have a freeroll, they could very well face prison time, lost jobs etc. To treat that as a financial freeroll is looking at it from a really strange perspective.