View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

Jman220 for mod.

One more thing:

AP has already given/promised everyone in the Potripper tourney file $500 for disclosing their personal info.
That's non traditional compensation.

Surely there is other compensation beyond money lost at cash games that people are still owed here.

If Potripper knocked me out of the 1K he won I'd be screaming for my buyin back. I might be even if he didn't.

This is going to show the inadequacy of the standard "bump everyone up one slot" way that these things are often resolved. You will still have people who were obviously cheated that don't get proper compensation under that structure.

That also suggests that some theoretical/non-obvious extra compensation needs to be considered every step of the way to make people whole.

If people are saying "hey wait one step at a time... let's get your losses recovered first" that's one thing.

But dismissing alternative compensation methods outright is another.

Absolute Poker may not deserve to burn for this episode- (jury is still out on that) but the hit to their pockets is at least partly their own doing here, and I don't understand taking any position less than that.