View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Let's not turn this into a mud-slinging contest. There have been things said in the past that could be taken as disparaging, but let's try to keep it civil (on both sides). We'll both have good products, so let's keep it a healthy competition.

Derek is right about the import speed of PT3. I didn't give the exact number in my own post, but I told him. My computer is a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 CPU with 2 GB ram. I should state that I was also doing a number of other things on my computer while it was importing. I wasn't really trying to squeeze every drop out of the import (and I've spent limited time trying to speed it up).

If we are going to do benchmarks, here are some more numbers from the FGators database:

3 minutes 28 seconds to generate the player statistics summary for FGators.

1 minute 30 seconds to generate the money won graph.

These are unoptimized, but I'm curious to see how they compare to the speeds of the new version of HM (they are a lot faster than the current version, at least from what the guy who imported the FGators hands tells me).

Naturally, both of our applications are going to have bugs and room for improvement at this point. You've only been in beta 3 months and we haven't even started alpha testing yet.