View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: 76s DEEP... i three bet pre which leads me to a turn bluff

Usually raise pot on the flop to find out what weak DB means if you'll play with villain for longer.

Otherwise just play air like you would play AK or a set here. You hold 88 or AK untill you hit the straight if you want to bluff.

Check behind turn for "free" card if he checks turn because if he calls your flop raise he's not going away (there are no draws out there on the flop). That check would also make sense if you hold AK so you can still rep that hand on the river. Repping a set on the river after that check is of course less likely to be belived.

If he donks turn, do the math to see if you think you have implied odd (how much does he have to call on the river to justify your turn call), probably fold.

Where's villains estimated 3bet calling range? 44/88/99/K?/98 what do you put him on?

How would you play AK in this spot?

If you think he's steaming don't do anything too crazy.

p.s. From a thinking but not too good opponent I'd put him on a strong hand. Small bet to get raised by AK on the flop, bigger bet because he's scared of the flush on the turn. Maybe he picked up the FD himself and wants to draw reasonably cheap because the turn bet is not all that big.