View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Re: UFC 77 Discussion thread

[ QUOTE ]
Heh I gave someone 3 to 1 on the Sylvia fight and they took it. Vera is not a heavyweight and shouldn't be fighting a high caliber heavyweight fighter. His wins were over nobodies and they were a long time ago and the UFC has packed the talent since then. Vera can't knock Sylvia out so I knew Sylvia would at least win with boring jabs/size control...dunno how he got the fight in the first place.

I offered 3 to 1 on the Silva fight and my buddy didn't take it but the results showed why. Franklin is a striker and game over when you fight the worst case scenario Muay Thai fighter. Silva just looked unbeatable. Pretty much taunted Rich with his dance dodging lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give Vera a break, he broke his hand in the first round. he had to block left shots with his right hand...also vera doesn't have to be undersized in the HW division. He coudl EASILY pack on 20-30lbs of muscle...but then he'd never be able to drop down to 205 if he went on a losing streak. All in all I think it was quite apparent that the sylvia line was +EV, especially at +175, but lets disrespect vera.