View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Wowwow... new stud structure on Stars.

[ QUOTE ]
Changing the structure of a game isn't anything like cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know that Raymer was responsible for this, but it's an unfair advantage for one player to have the power to radically change the structure of a game to his advantage, and it's very bothersome if he is able to do this behind the scenes so that the other players don't even know why the structure has changed.

Of course, I'm pissed off about this. The 100/200 stud HL on PokerStars started in the middle of April and in the last few weeks has been very popular so that i can 3table it occasionally. It was always $15 ante and $30 bringin including Friday morning 10/19. Than all of a sudden on Friday afternoon I sit down again and I thought I was in some strange game where the ante was $25. PokerStars always gives an annoying popup warning when you join a fast table, but somehow they didnt feel obliged to warn that the structure had just changed from 30 minutes earlier.

If it had been like this all along, fine. Now, any conclusions that experienced players have arrived at about correct play on any street is thrown out the window. If some PokerStars favored high stakes player decides on a whim for another change, all experience at the new structure will be useless, so I don't feel it is worth my time to learn a brand new game.

I have no idea how the other regulars feel. Most of the amateurs probably dont care, but I find it hard to believe there was a general excitement for this new structure. I assume the typical 30/60 player who gives 1/2 an occasional shot will have second thoughts, since it will now play like 200/400 on early streets.