View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Seven-Card Stud for Advanced Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is your first exposure to 7 card stud then this book will make your head hurt.

I would suggest that you start with a more introductory text ie. West (see stud forum FAQ for a list of books) then get some low buy in experience. Once you have some experience then the information in Zee's book will be easier to understand and apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this book I let a friend who was just getting into stud barrow it. It made his head spin like you said. On that note if you have basic knowledge of stud then this book will introduce many advanced concepts and "maneuvers" you can use at the table. If I remember right its aimed at mid-low stakes stud? I don't have it handy right now (not home)

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a basic knowledge of poker, not stud .... but if you are totally blank, then I admit, 7CSFAP is a bad fist book.

But then again if you are totally blank, learning hold'em (especially limit) is a better idea due to the large amount of decent material which can't be said of stud [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]