alright...I'm back from all the game, drinking, eating, and whatnot

just a pathetic display of football tonight

one team cannot snap the ball to the QB and insists on turnovers in the redzone

the other team makes penalties that are essentially turnovers

awful catching of thrown balls
awful thrown balls
awful special teams
both ways

In a battle of who could make bigger mistakes, Illinois won. Unfortunately, winning that battle means losing the game. Things still looked and felt good until the muffed punt.
No reason for Hudson to be back there all year. His earlier non-fielding of a punt led to the first Michigan FG on the swing in field possession.

Eddie McGee needs to learn to pitch the ball every once in awhile. On the 3rd down play where he took the big hit, Mendenhall was open and would've had the first. Mendenhall was visibly upset after the play.

Still a bit upset it was a 15 yard penalty instead of 5 on the punter. Incidently, that punter should be fined if he was in the NFL. After hollywooding it up on the field, he was without trainer assitance and joking it up on the sideline 2 plays later. He even came out for the second half and showed off his vertical by jumping and slapping the crossbar. Really pathetic, but it's the big11ten and one knows the way things are going into the game. Amazing that Long never gets a holding....simply amazing.

Carr outcoached Zook
Carr used a few offensive formations (one in particular) that I've never seen him use before. He realized throwing was the only way to beat the Illini and had a new shotgun set to do it. Carr also hit that trick play, which was almost perfect. Zook got far too conservative and tightened things up. After burning Michigan deep on the first drive (with a play straight from Oregon), I have no idea why he (or the OC Locksley) didn't call for a few more of those deeper strikes. I understand Illinois doesn't have many real receivers on the roster, but how can a spread team not test the Wolverines through the air much after they've shown themselves to be incompetent over and over.