View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Props & Rakeback

I used propping to practise and move up with my limit heads up play (at one or two place I was lucky to be allowed to prop also at heads up tables and got enough action too) as it's not ideal to do with a mere rakeback deal as the rake is so high. Later I picked one bigger site where I play both heads up and shorthanded limit holdem a part of the time (most of my action goes to regular sites, especially when it's nl-holdem). Limit holdem is that much less popular and when the size of the site is not too big but big enough (or I am not aware of too many players propping the biggest sites other than high limits or some non-holdem games perhaps) so one gets enough action for it to be worth for more serious propping. Basically it's not a permanent solution, and one needs to keep the eye on other possibilites out there.

One is not looking to prop vs. other props, and one is not looking to sit there and wait for opponents too much. Most prop deal are like that and generally they just are not worth it, though things on nl could be better but I don't see a point in it though if one can play only one table of nl, then why not if the games are good, but picking a table on some site should cover the rake compared to that. I don't think the 100% rb deals are good enough on sites that do not have enough action (also it should have about no rules at all). The more experience props do not prop under e.g. those conditions, and lots of times the site does not get the player base as it doesn't have enough props working there.

One should note that there can be difficulties in getting a rakeback deal if one ever stops, or the deal stops (that more or less often happens), propping at that site and there are no comparable skins. Losing a rakeback deal is going to hurt enormously at limit games.

Most prop sites are not PT supported, one losing there significantly if one multitables.

Picking tables is a major factor that's not there when propping, and one can play two or more tables more easily and with better results (and on more profitable tables), and one could figure that the other table covers the rake, so that's then the same as getting 100% rakeback.

One of the main reasons to pick more serious propping is limit games (other than holdem too) when one is not beating them for enough because of the rake, so no two tabling will help to cover the rake even with a rakeback deal. The problem is just finding and maintaining such sites.