View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: PLO8 tourney 3 handed decision

Thanks for the analysis. I need to work with these problems a few times before I try a big money tourney again.

It was actually a mid-size MTT. There were 200 entries, more or less, and the top 3 paid 1250/750/550. These ratios seem to be about the same.

Your data suggests* to me that once I made the (arguably) sketchy PF raise that calling the last of my chips on the flop is justified WRT tournament equity even though it wasn't by calculating chip equity. Am I interpreting this correctly?

* This is assuming that I could figure that my EV=.0909. The number "10%" did go through my mind. I didn't think I was drawing dead, but I thought that it was close. I was also thinking, in plain English, that [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]maybe I'd have a better opportunity to move up the ladder if I threw all my chips in than if I didn't. The overriding factor in the moment wasn't the numbers but rather the possibility that one of my opponents was already AI and that I could move up a spot right there.