View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: UFC 77 Discussion thread

[ QUOTE ]
Perf's pick went undefeated tonight. MONEYSHOT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone who posted official plays in this thread went perfect. I hate betcris for removing fight parlays.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously no time for a long winded writeup, but for what it's worth...

Silva NO PLAY Line is good. Franklin's hand is healed, he knows to avoid the clinch, judges will award him close rounds. (OK, OK... I'll have a little on Silva, but that's because I love the guy, not because the bet is +EV)

Timmah +156 1.5u to win 2.34u. Vera is unexperienced against quality, likely has rust... Timmah has good chin, longer reach, more power, and only 3 rounds to avoid gassing.

Okami -251 1.88u to win .75u. McDonald is a slob in the gas/determination department. A very talented slob, but a slob nonetheless. Okami grinds decision.

Robinson +156 .5u to win .78u.

Belcher +106 .75u to win .8u.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I got

Anderson Silva 3u to win 1.5u (-200)
Tim Sylvia 1.5u to win 2.4u (+160)
Yushin Okami 1.8u to win .75u (-240)
Alvin Robinson .5u to win .7u (+140)

Silva is better on the feet, hard to control even if you're on top unless you are matt hughes-esque, and he has 5 rounds to finish. I think Rich is in deep water here.

Brandon Vera has all the skills and tools to beat Tim Sylvia...one well placed shot and then a sub could mean the biggest win of his career and a title shot...but I don't see him executing it often enough for him to be that much of a favorite, looks more like 1:1 to me. Some factors would prevent me from betting Sylvia @ 1:1 though.

Yushin Okami - I think he's going to grind out Jason macDonald. MacDonald, IMO, has gotten really lucky with his run in the UFC, i dont think it's gonna continue. Personally I think MacDonald shoulda really focused on his standup, but I dont' think that's what happened.

Alvin Robinson is a beast and I think it will be a good fight.

[/ QUOTE ]