View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Fatigue and length of play time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am very surprised at the responses. When I was young and in love with the game I would play 7-stud for a minimum of 12 hours and my record is 36 hours. I cant believe you young players dont put in marathon sessions to get the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for anywhere but Vegas and Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, the games are always there. Always. In Vegas, there are also usually good games availble, but in a certain window each week, month, etc. With the exception of WSOP time, this window is usually 8-12 hours a day max. So there is no point to putting in burnout sessions.

[ QUOTE ]

You are right that there is no point to it. I just thought that young guys who love the game would play very long sesions because I know I did. I think internet play has shortened what is considered to be a "long" session.

Is this because the post poker boom players are lazy?
Possibly but it is most likely because of the nature of the games played. To make a good score in 10-20 20-40 limit games you often have to put in huge hours to make the money. In a NL cash game you tend to get the money much quicker since mistakes cost the fish so much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????
This doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree that it dosent exactly prove a specific point. I am comparing the games I played which were exclusively limit and the games they play now which is mostly NL and which game lends itself to shorter sessions. I played extremelly long sessions at stud when I needed to guarantee myself some money but I found that nowadays I could hit up a live NL cash game and make money in a shorter period of time, on average of course.

anyhow, the games are so awesome nowadays and I guess that is why people play shorter sessions