View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Bodybuilder vs Weightlifter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the whomever posted above about the 14 year old girl from judo class being able to beat these guys up...hahah...quit jerking off to your mma tapes pal.

to the op, I dont think many people really want to look like a pro-bodybuilder, and luckily, its damn near impossible for 99% of people because they arent willing to use drugs

to the guy who said bodybuilders arent strong. lol. they are monsters, no they cant lift as much as a powerlifter, but they shame any and everyone on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Strong" used too loosely is basically meaningless. There are plenty of people as strong as or stronger than bodybuilders who are nowhere near as big.

Toss one of those bodybuilders a #2 COC gripper and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how those grippers work, but you guys, seriously, there is a difference in training, but none of those monsters that complete professionally are any where as "weak" as you guys are assuming. I doubt any pro bodybuilder deadlifts lass than 600, yes, they may weigh a ton, but so what, they are still much much stronger than any "normal" weightlifter is.

edit: I just read about the gripper, and blarg, that has to be a joke, a grip trainer measures strength about as well as asking what someone benches.

2nd edit: when you say "plenty of people" you are talking about pro athletes/weightlifters etc, and not the general public correct. Even if you take all people in the world who weightlift on a regular basis, I doubt more than 5% are lifting the numbers a pro bb'er in a heavy weightclass is putting up.