View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: One fish, two fish, river fish, shmiver fish?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your bet sizing, especially on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you be more specific?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range for calling 185 is basically the same as 124, but he will never raise 185 with a slowplayed 'monster' like KJ or AJ, while he will do sometimes with 124.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% and was going to make a similar post. If you bet you probably have to bet/fold, but a 2/3 pot bet will sometimes be raised by a worse hand for value although will still usually be ahead of us to make calling the raise incorrect. A bigger bet is less likely to be raised by his entire range, which is a good thing since we're almost always crushed when he raises, and it's unlikely he will raise a near psb on the river with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something here...his hand will not magically change with the amount I bet, so why is it bad when the smaller bet will induce raises from hands I have beat? I know that's exactly what happened and it's a tough spot, but this guy is much more likely to do something stupid given the maneuverability of 124 as opposed to 180. Aaaaaand he calls 124 with a ten or 88 sometimes, prob not 180.