View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: If You\'re a Christian who Believes in Evolution..

[ QUOTE ]
Humans do have souls if we didn't have them, if we were entirely physical, then we couldn never know it.

In this story by Dennis J. De Haan it shows a little boy with a soul:

"A father took his family to a restaurant. Before the meal, his 6-year-old son prayed, "Thank You for the food, and I would even thank You more if Mom got us ice cream. Amen!"

Amid the laughter, a woman nearby said indignantly, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream!" The lad overheard her and burst into tears. Just then an elderly gentleman came by, winked at the boy, and whispered to him, "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

When dessert came, the boy picked up his sundae, walked to the lady's table, and set it before her. With a big smile he said, "This is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes, and my soul is good already."

This young boy showed the kind of selfless humility that Jesus talked about in Matthew 18. When the disciples asked Him, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He said that we must emulate the humility and trust of little children (vv.1-4)."

The moral actions of the little boy show me he had a soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, if we can use examples like that, hitler and the 3rd reich killed 6 million jews along with millions of other minorities, this proves to me that there is no god. if we can use single examples as proof of anything incorporeal, then mine seems to outweigh yours.