View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: If You\'re a Christian who Believes in Evolution..

[ QUOTE ]
Science tells us that our species has been around for at least 200,000 years. Presumably we were sinning and had many of the same bad habits as we did when Christ was born.

Question: Why did God wait some 198,000 years before sending Jesus down to save humanity?

You might think this is a silly question, but man was just as sinful before Jesus as he is now. How do you explain why the first 198,000 years of sinning was overlooked by God?

You can't say He just got fed up one day and decided to do something about it, because we're still sinning today. If Jesus ended sin, I might buy that argument. But since there is still sin, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to wait 198,000 years, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know when you view a very long clip in a media player how hard it is to skip to a certain time? That's pretty much how hard it is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Just what is 198000 years to God?

Thus, Armageddon's timing and the timing of other assorted events can only be "approximate" at best.

Or perhaps he was too busy wiping out the previous species of intelligent beings who were pissing him off. We all know dinosaurs were also godless idol worshiping heathens. It might be likely that the Neanderthals might be part of this group.

But as a serious response, the story says that sin didn't really end, you have to accept Jesus who died for your sins [that you have and will have commited]In fact, it's pretty much given that people will be sinning until Aramgeddon regardless if they are Christian or not because alone humanity cannot escape sin; thus Jesus must be the substitute for everyone. It's not until the final boss is defeated before we can all escape. If he had just ended sinning when he died, then the religion wouldn't really sell well, would it? It's one big long guilt trip, basically.

Edit: Yea, I'm not a theist, but I just wanted to point out why a Christian would not necessarily see the death of Christ to end all sin.