View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Default does anyone know someone who plays bad for no apparent reason?

I was just playing a donkament on Bodog, not long before the bubble, I'm in about the top third of the field. I pick up TT, half the table limps so I raised just over the size of the pot, got one caller.

Flop 478, Villain checks. The pot isn't much less than my stack so I just move all in. Villain calls with Q6 and hits his gutshot to eliminate me.

Now I know this is just a standard bad beat, ten zillion of them happen every day. But what I'd like to know is what kind of thought process is going on with these truly bad players.

Does anyone know someone who plays like this? What is he thinking? Is Q6 just his lucky hand, and then he feels pot committed any time he calls a raise?

I just wish I could understand why someone is playing poker like that. And don't get me wrong, I love that there are players like that willing to make every effort to give away their chips. I'm just really curious about it.

BTW this guy wasn't a maniac who's playing every hand... just seemed like an average tourney player until he randomly bets it all on Q6.