View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DanDruff, excellent work in this entire debacle.

A little OT and I'm sure you're aware of this, but you looked like a pretty big tool on the WSOP telecast a year or two ago. Bad editing by ESPN or what? They couldn't have tried much harder to make you look like a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into this 2+-year-old discussion again, and I especially don't want it polluting this thread.

But here is the short answer: Yes, I did/said some things I regret during that telecast. I actually wish they instead broadcasted the event I won a month later, where I was subdued and very polite/courteous to everyone. However, I was also made to look much worse by ESPN editing and Norman Chad's constant nasty commentary. The most offensive thing, however, was the fact that they chopped up my exit interview to intentionally change the context of what I was saying. For that reason, if I ever make another ESPN final table, I won't do any interviews with them. I came one river ace away in the 2007 1k Rebuy event from being able to go through with that plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't mean to get into that, but it's something that I was curious about since you seem very smart and likeable in this thread and others but ESPN portrayed you as some egotistical online poker douche in that telecast.

Bottom line, f the media. Amirite?