View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Staking/Make-up question: What to do with lower prize-pools?

[ QUOTE ]
that being said, did you even read the OP ??? to refresh your memory OP wrote:

"My backer and I can't figure out what to do."

unless i read with zero comprehension or the poster is poor formulating sentences, this means they HAVE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS TOPIC AND DISAGREE. had the backer thought it was hunky-dory for OP to play mid level live tourneys without including him, there wouldn't be a need for this post, would there?

[/ QUOTE ]
You might re-read the OP yourself...not once did War say they disagreed, just that they didn't know what to do:

"I understand it's something we need to work out between us, I was just wondering if there was some sort of standard for this, as neither of us really knew of a good way to solve it but we both obviously want to be fair about it."

I don't think your (and others') aggressive tone serves much purpose, War's tone's been reasonable throughout the thread.

[ QUOTE ]
then OP went on to say if he didn't receive real cash immediately in his pocket, he couldn't give his best to a guy who he was into for 15k. that doesn't sound the least bit insane to you ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't entirely like his attitude here either. However, I think it's a little bit understandable, and like A_Plus said, it's not wise of the backer to ignore the psychological aspect. They're obviously both at fault for not working out their agreement in more detail, but that's hard to do anything about now.

[ QUOTE ]
OP then asked for opinions and i gave mine. if you do not agree with it, that's certainly fine.if that somehow makes me a "big nitty jerk" i really will have little difficulty living with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that the large majority assumed War wanted to worm out of a deal/work it in his favor/etc. Like he stated in response to Dunkman's (very reasonable) post:
"Thank you, and I guess this is the gist of what I was getting at from the start because it really brings up situations when you don't have clearly defined what the terms are. "

War probably could have done a better job framing his question in the OP (like "We didn't specify conditions before entering the deal, any suggestions on how to handle smaller buy-in live events? Any standards?"), I agree with that.

Edit: internet went down, stuck in preview forevva etc.