View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

A few notes:

1) I was given information about 5 days ago that Scott Tom and the rest of the AP bigwigs are/were moving to Panama. From what I was told, the move to Panama was planned before any of this occurred. However, perhaps this cheating was timed to occur just before the move, thus avoiding legal ramifications.

2) Just to repeat for those that weren't following a previous thread, Phil Tom is Scott's dad, not his brother.

3) Given that STEAMROLLER was from Miami, and given all of AP's association with Miami, I find it unlikely that it was a compromised account. I now believe both STEAMROLLER and POTRIPPER both belong to AP employees. It is very possible that STEAMROLLER belongs to Scott Tom himself, especially given the report by that one guy who supposedly communicated with Tom on July 27th under the STEAMROLLER account.

4) The guy posting on Pocketfives about his account being compromised in July seems like a bit of a whack-job. However, it is indeed possible that his account was hacked from "the inside", and that GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were also compromised accounts. Also note that GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were the first cheating accounts on the scene, while STEAMROLLER and DOUBLEDRAG only started cheating after they got more blatant. Oh... just remembered this: Two different people have reported to me that STEAMROLLER had flashed between $200k and $500k on the table in the past, bragging that he had "wired it in". There was no record of STEAMROLLER winning at that point, so that gives even more reason to believe that it's a staff account.

5) I have a faint memory of GRAYCAT being from New Orleans, but don't quote me on that. Anyone found a New Orleans connection to Scott Tom and friends? I remember for sure that GRAYCAT lived east of the Mississippi.