View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
how well you play postflop is where your winrate comes from...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I know this. However, in order to differentiate yourself and realize your winrate by utilizing your postflop skills, you need to be competant preflop. All I am trying to do right now, while I figure out full ring, is make sure I am not spewing preflop, make sure I have a pretty basic, solid preflop game down.

[ QUOTE ]
overlimping or raising with stuff like suited connectors can either be a big spew or marginally +EV depending on how well you play afterwards...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very confident in playing postflop vs FR players. Therefore my logic for overlimping all these suited connector-type hands was to enable myself to be in spots where I am in position, multiway, with hands that play well postflop/multiway.

[ QUOTE ]
making a preflop game plan without any idea of wtf you're trying to accomplish from it is not going to get you anywhere. These guys you are playing against are far from expert players and there are many different ways that you can exploit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. I guess what I am trying to accomplish is to see flops with hands that play well postflop in position. Also, make sure I am not spewing preflop and make sure my preflop hand selection is solid enough to allow me to exercise my edge postflop.