View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like you're limping a lot, try isolating limpers more and getting your vpip and pfr closer like 6 max. Im 16/14 fwiw

Also why you decide to switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up around 14/9. I was limping small PP's in EP and overlimpipng hands like 67s-QJs, 22-99, AXs. Dunno if that is correct or not, but it felt right for FR.

I haven't switched, but I want to be able to mix in FR sessions once in a while. $400nl 6m can be swingy and stressful. If I can 8-12 table 200-400NL FR @ like 1-4ptBB/100 with little stress on the side when I feel like it, it would be great for my confidence and reduce variance among other reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

how well you play postflop is where your winrate comes from... overlimping or raising with stuff like suited connectors can either be a big spew or marginally +EV depending on how well you play afterwards... making a preflop game plan without any idea of wtf you're trying to accomplish from it is not going to get you anywhere. These guys you are playing against are far from expert players and there are many different ways that you can exploit them.