View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how to fix a phone that says "insert SIM" when it has already been inserted? I can make or receive any calls and my keypad isn't working, but the phone turns on and off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My phone does this too, I just turn it off, then when I restart it it's fine. I usually use my phone as an alarm so when it goes to Insert SIM the alarm doesn't work. So it basically randomly decides for me which classes I skip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I assumed you had already tried this. If you haven't, thats always the first thing to try on a cellphone if they start acting up.

Probably 25% of the people who come into my stores with a phone problem could of saved theirselves a trip if they tried that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

already tried this. Removed battery and sim card and reinserted them and the same thing happened and now its just dead. Guess I'll have to take it in. Will they give me a new phone for free if I'm still under contract?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Depends on how old the phone is. They generally have a 1 year warranty on them, so if its less than 1 year old you should get a replacement.