View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: You need to show results before you get any respect.......

[ QUOTE ]
So you dont want your friends to win money, just yourself? Pretty sad life you must lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually completely neutral to my friend's financial situation. Giving them picks though has plenty of downside and no upside.

1) If I tell some I have to tell all. The drama that would result from sharing picks with a subset of friends would in the end lose me friends.

2) I've been doing this for over a decade. They haven't. The possibility for them to do something stupid with respect to money management is too great. I don't want to be responsible for that.

3) In the end if one person does all the work, brings all the skill and basically is 100% responsible for the outcome but shares the spoils with others he'll grow to resent the freeloaders. I don't want to grow to resent my friends.

4) I already have enough people who hang around me because I keep an open tab at my table and know a lot of attractive girls. If I start to give away free picks then I'm just increasing the number of users who will come around and also the uncertainty factor with respect to any new people I meet.

5) It decreases the value of my relative financial position if I increase theirs.