Thread: INSULTING
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: INSULTING

his new article:

__________________________________________________ ______

Strange. When I wrote my first blog about the whole Absolute Poker situation, having read through pages upon pages upon pages of hand histories, theories, etc., on numerous forums, I had no idea just how big this whole thing was going to get! I dare say, I was negligent to realize the full potential this whole situation had to engulf the entire consciousness of online poker players.

Far be it from me to say that cheating isn't possible. I think 'TheV0id' having just been stripped of his title is proof positive that cheating can and does happen online. But, then, have we ever really thought ourselves as online players to be immune from the greed and selfishness of a select few that would seek to tarnish what we take pride in?

But, I digress. My point, at least for the moment, is that I hadn't any idea just how hard I would pluck that chord in my readers, for better or worse.

I've received a number of e-mails, especially in recent days following the surfacing of new "evidence," asking if I have changed my mind at all.

Some are just curious to know what my stance on the issue is in the wake of the new evidence. Others are outright calling for a public apology and retraction of my previous statements. I've no doubt if they knew where I lived I'd be typing this with an angry, torch-wielding mob (with pitch forks in hand) just outside my window.

I want to do this whole thing justice, however. As it stands, I couldn't sleep, so I got up to grab a glass of milk and write this out. I plan a more extensive blog later on today after I've had some more rest, a gallon of coffee, and a bite or two to eat. Until then, let these eight simple words tide you over:

It is possible I may have been wrong.

___________________________________-