Thread: INSULTING
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: INSULTING

I just send him him this e-mail

"Justin,

At the time your article was written, there was a lot information that lead people to suspect the "superuser" account existed at AP. Given that they have now admitted publically that someone was able to see hole cards, I think it would appropriate for you to do a follow up article and review some of the fantastic detective work done by people over at 2+2 and pocket 5’s to unveil this scandal.

It is a very serious situation, and members of the poker media so to speak should be playing a role in helping shed light on the matter in an unbiased and professional way. Your last article included these statements:

"The chances of an online site admitting this kind of cheating was going on is slim to none. But I think the chances of the site finding out about it and not putting a stop to it are even smaller."

At the time you wrote this, there was evidence of chip dumping in the amount of hundreds of thousands of dollars. It was very flagrant, and there were numerous hand histories where players would cap every single street many hands in a row and folding to the 4 bet cap on the river. Absolute concluded that this was legitimate, and allowed these account to continue to play. This alone should have been a red flag and at least gotten some mention as to why people had some legitimate suspicion in this situation.

Also, your brilliant tidbit

"I say again - you are not being cheated. Stop being cattle and mimicking the mindless cries of bitter players that are just angry to see a player that's worse than them get lucky."

was both incorrect and unfounded. Many of the best players on the internet who had never before made accusations of any kind towards a poker site felt there was very conclusive evidence and you found it fit to mock them, confidently asserting you knowledge about this situation even though you did not review the facts. From an ethical standpoint, you should at least issue a public apology for your tone, comments, and minimal research on this matter before producing the article. As a journalist, you now have an opportunity to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem. I hope you can be a man, put your ego aside, and initiate a step in the right direction as a member on the poker media."

I don't expect him to do anything about it, but at least i got to call him on some [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]