View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Teach Me Full Ring P.1

Hi AS, welcome to full ring

In general its easier to respond to single hands, so it would be best in future to do that. Though i'm pretty sure its not a rule. Also, the more threads you post, the less responses you are likely to get to each thread. If you space them out you have time to discuss things without swamping the forum.

Anyway, onto the hands
hand1: i like check calling the river. His range is likely to be slowplaying sets/AQ,AJ,KQ,KJ type hands/flush draws and straight draws. By betting there are very few hands you get value out of, and i would have definitely folded to the all in. If you check call he may bluff on the river and you get value from his missed draws and avoid paying as much as you did when he is ahead of you.

hand 2: I don't see what you're beating on this river if Villain were to bet. Most of the hands an unknown villain would raise and call a 3-bet with are now beating you when the 10 hits. I would just check fold

hand 3: What were you planning to do if the pre flop raiser raised your call on the flop? If you were planing to get it in on the flop with this hand, i prefer a raise to just a call as in the situation that happened, you let him see the turn for cheap. It also means you can get the money in quicker. Other than that i like the hand

hand4: Ok by me

hand 5: Not sure what hands call this check raise that you beat. He could still have KK or QQ here, and is likely to fold hands like AA and AK to this bet. I prefer leading out on the river for $45 ish.

hand 6: I bet/fold the turn. As played i really don't like the situation i'm in, but i'm not sure he will bet A10 for value on the river too often, so would likely fold to any sort of sizable bet. I would probably have folded the turn if i chose to check it.

hand 7: ok by me

hand 8: ok by me