View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

All,

I have been following this from the beggining but have not wanted to clutter up threads because I do not have anything significant to contribute. I think that everyone involved has done an amazing job thus far and the effort you guys have put forth is very commendable. There are a few things I think should be noted

1.) At this point, I feel it is unwise to scutinize the holes in any statement AP releases in these threads and then post them. It was neccesary for this to be a very public discussion to get the ball rolling, but at this point having the best minds pick apart the most obvious holes and especially the less obvious ones, will just help absolute address as many of these issues as possible with their public statements

2.) Poker generally is viewed negativley in the media, so some of the stories posted thus far should not be surprsing. That said, the stories run by the more signficant news outlets, especially the MSNBC one, really are not as harmful to online poker as i would have expected them to be.

3.) This issue already has media attention. Initially, there needed to be a big push to make this occur. Right now, we should be waiting to see absolute's "in depth" explanation before trying to get more coverage to this issue. I suspect strongly that it will be a pretty flagrant cover up, but hope this is not the case. If it is, obviously there are enough intelligent minds on this to find glaring holes in whatever BS they feed the media. Since this is already a big story, any member of the media should/will be receptive to any decent evidence that the story being portrayed is inaccurate. Remember how little meat many reporters seem to need to run a story. (remember that idiot writing about how no one was getting cheated!) With the information thats already available, let alone the additional stuff that we will uncover, we could already systematically disseminate the lies being put forth. Lets not allow let our haste to resolve this and make AP come clean translate into us doing their work for them.