View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: \"buffoonery by blacks whitening NFL\" article by Jason Whitlock

[ QUOTE ]
NT,

that's all fine and good, but what follows your first paragraph has nothing to do with said paragraph. That second paragraph could be supportive of many things (racism, effects of economic disparity, etc etc), but I still don't see what it has to do with white society conformity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in terms of education, what is 'white society'? Going through school, there were but a few basic rules to follow as a student:

1. sit down
2. shut up
3. pay attention

The rest was just following instructions. What's inherently white about that?

Also, yes, I realize I'm being awfully simple here. I'm not trying to marginalize/distort anything, I truly just don't know and am curious to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this. I have read some of the same research as NT and what he said is true. I just can't see how that is trying to "whiten" African-Americans. If anything, it is trying to get them socially adapted to a work place. I would agree if you said there is a great emphasis to get students ready for corporate America i.e. show up, do you work, get rewarded. That is how society is and how I believe the vast majority of students should be educated.

NT ad JoA, without writing a 6,000 word post, how do you think inner-city youth should be educated or what changes would you make?