Thread: Friend's hand
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Friend\'s hand

[ QUOTE ]
8-16, it was the second or third orbit of a brand new game. The only thing villain had done was steal the blinds with JJ UTG and AK from MP(he loves to show his cards)

Here was the only hand I had played that the table saw. CO limped(lol) I limped J7s in the SB, BB checks.

J64, I bet, BB raise, CO fold, I three, he calls

Turn 5, I bet he calls

River 7 I bet he calls with J3o

Onto the hand, villain opens in EP1? I three ball 99 in the HJ, HU action

975 with two spades, he checks dark, I bet, he c/r, I three, he four, I five, he six, AND I JUST CALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate this. really hate it. so you think this guy is going to give more action if you call the 6bet, wait for him to bet the turn and raise?

problems:

a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes on the turn 1 in 5 times. that kills your action.

a ace comes(if he has KK). this kills your action or puts you behind. i really think he has AA here always, but if he happens to show up with KK who knows how many bets he would go on the flop before the scarecard came on the turn.

who knows how many bets he'll go on the flop? he's already gone 6. he might go 6 more. if that's the case you lose money waiting for the turn because he certainly isn't 3betting when you announce you have the nuts by calling and raising fourth street. at that point you flip your cards face up. if you keep jamming the flop he may think you have JJ/QQ, etc. or even just a flush draw. in hold em there's something to be said about simply getting the money in when you can. this waiting for the turn business when you can 7 bet and possible 9 bet is ridiculous. GET THE MONEY IN NOW. too many bad things can happen on the turn if you wait to raise. jam the flop, eat a nice dinner, enjoy profit.