View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section?

I lurk the Full Ring forum a lot and play just above microstakes (100 and 200NL). I tend to answer threads about the limits that I play at and not lower or higher...but there just are not that many threads created as compared to the micro ones (5NL, 10NL, 25NL and 50NL). There are even fewer 400NL+ threads created. I would definitely read a FR forum dedicated to my limit and surrounding limits, but I do not believe there would be enough traffic to warrant one.

The FR forum posters are top notch in their thread creation titles, specifically labeling what limit their hand is from, i.e. - "100NL AK oop, fire a second barrel?" or whatever. It is not hard to look through the threads you don't want to read and pass over them. Also, with a FR forum split, the quality of posts in the lower stakes FR forum would suffer, because many posters from a limit or two above will answer questions pertaining to only their limits, and not below.

I think a split would be a good idea at *some* point, but not at this current time. There is not enough traffic.