View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Staking/Make-up question: What to do with lower prize-pools?

[ QUOTE ]
I also have a backer for live events. But we have a deal that I'm playing all <$500 buy-ins with my own money. And I'm backed for all $500+ events.

May be this is also a solution in this case, if your backer agrees. Though I will definitely play on the same level even if all the winnings go to him in some tournament...

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I agree with much of what's been said, instead of taking shots at you I'm going to try to offer a suggestion. I think a lot of this comes from the fact that you didn't hammer out specifics in the staking agreement, and now you're not sure exactly what your responsibilities are. My suggestion would be to get together with your backer and decide what he wants you to play and what you're comfortable playing, and then you don't have to worry about whether you "should" be playing this or that and feeling guilty or whatnot. Making things very clear benefits everyone and doesn't leave you feeling bad for not playing this tourney or having to play that tourney. Once you hammer things out, then you can go play on the side with your own roll and not feel bad about whatever happens, and also not feel obligated to go play tourneys that you'd rather not play.