View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Why do we steal with Axs?

[ QUOTE ]
I applied a lot of pressure, as I usually do, b/c, quite simply, people will usually give up. That is a big secret to poker I'm giving you right there LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the sage advice.

[ QUOTE ]

Im sort of exaggerating, I also had a strong pair that figured to be good a lot of the time anyway. I also had a flush draw to go with my pair. I got a raise from BB, but I knew he was capable of doing this with a hand weaker than mine, as people make moves in these situations. I shoved thinking my hand was good a lot, and if it isn't I have outs.
Most of the time my opponent would have folded, but this time he had a set. Hmm, I believe I am pontificating
needlessly; I hit a flush on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this kind of pointing to one example of a thing that happened to you one time is the kind of thing that got us off on the set tangent.

I have no problem with playing a flush draw fast. I agreed, but this has nothing to do with the topic because playing Axs specifically for the nut draw and stealing with Axs are two completely seperate things imo.

Let's look back at pocket pairs for a minute. When we raise heads up with a small pocket pair, we aren't looking to set mine. It might happen, but our goal should be to fire out hard and hope that our villian doesn't have top pair. Anyone who is giving up after missing their set on a steal attempt has absolutely no business trying to steal with a small pocket pair because they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Same applies for Axs. Yes, we might hit the flush draw, but we can't just give up the 90% if the time when we don't. The flush potiential is a minor added bonus, but because it's only coming a little more than 10% of the time, it's clearly not the reason we are stealing with this hand.

90% of the times we don't flop a flush draw and so 90% of the time, Axs and Axo are exactly the same hand. (First person who starts bringing up something as unlikely as back-door flush potiental is getting a f-ing beatdown.)

I refuse to believe that the 10% of the time that Axs flops a flush draw is significant enough to make Axs a better hand to steal with than Axo.

Got it?