View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Thinking of getting a Palm T/X (not phone kind)

I have looked for info on these, and i'm still at a loss of what i should do. But basically:

I want to get a Palm T/X i think! http://www.palm.com/us/products/hand.../tx_specs.html I'm trying to find one cheap too..not much luck on Craig's list so far.

It would be for travelling in US & europe- and meetings all over LA. Where i live in the South Bay, everything is wi-fi..so i am wonderng if this is a good investment, as i don't want haul my laptop with me everywhere. I like having my little Razr phone b/c it's tiny, so i don't want a Palm Treo OR pay for the internet/data usage each month.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on these things (single mom- teenagers cost bank!!!) ...nor do i have a GPS- so when i get lost, i'd like to get directions online, access e-mail contact info if necessary (for when i brain fart and forget the e-mail stuff at home) and have my PC at my finger tips w/o carting the laptop- when i only need simple access to it's info and the web. Obv there are other times i must take the laptop..but many of know what a pain in the arse that can be..

My laptop is new (dell insperion E1505) and i have Vista Home Premium and Office 2007- so i wanna make sure the Palm T/X is compatible- this is unclear. I am also fairly ignorant on the Blackberry, so maybe that is better? Monthly fee? But i really need the organizer part of the Palm.

I am out and about quite a bit as i am a self-employed accoutant--so i have to be independant on accessing the info i need (no office to call into)

Side note: for those unfamilar with LA, it is nearly impossible to get directions that are correct.

I would greatly appreciate any input from people that have one and also people that think a Treo thru Verizon wireless makes more sense b/c public wi-fi may not be as accessible as i might think.
Also, if this is the right tool i need, might anyone know of wanting to sell for cheap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thank you SO much!
-ala