View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Lie Harder

[ QUOTE ]
I have not played or had money in my account at Absolute for six months.I have not withdrawn money from there in 6 months. I just got this out of the blue. I have not clicked on accept yet in case its bogus or contacted MB(there support is so slow). Is this for real? This is not a level by me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Money Received

Dear Moneybookers customer,

Greetings from moneybookers.com! We would like to inform you that you have received a payment from moneybookers@ absolutepoker.com .

Payment Details

Amount: EUR 359.56

. . . <snip> . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I googled "359.56 eur". Bunch of links come up saying that it's a phishing scam to get your username/password information that's been going on for years from people claiming to be moneybookers. Moneybrookers does NOT appear to be involved.

On the possibility that it's a coincidence, I'd contact MB support in case you do have free money .. But don't trust that link in the email. In fact, I bet if you view the email headers it'll show it's a fake, or if you hover over the link it won't show in your browser status bar that it's going to send you to where it says it will.

Edit: apefish types faster than I do. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]