View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM

Default FullTilt $5.50 SNGs: Am I doing anything WRONG?

So, I believe I have improved my game quite a bit, and have been playing $5.50s on FullTilt since I left Ultimate Bet's repeated BS. (I swear every flop is 2 of one card or flush/straight possiblites on that site every single time)

At first, I was completely tearing up $5.50s on FT, maybe has something to do with the deposit consiparcy, whatever. I started off bubbling one sit, but then I cashed 8 in a row, with 4 wins. The best streak I've ever had. It wasn't just luck. It was basically getting slightly above average luck with nothing going terribly wrong. A few beats here and there.

Now, I can't seem to get it going again. With about 70 SNGs logged, I'm cashing about 2/3 of the time, which amounts to a 20% ROI, which isn't bad, I know. I feel like things should be MUCH MUCH better though. Here's some of the extreme things that have happened within the last 10 sits or so that are really not allowing me to get on a streak again:

Just a few days ago, I think I'm finally going to win my first sit after losing the last 4 times I was HU (all with a favored hand, too, sick garbage). But no. I reraise the guy all in with AJ and he calls with Kfriggin6 and rivers the flush in UB like style (sick and this is FullTilt).

Just yesterday, I would like to see someone top this beat story, my FREAKING GOD. First, I get dealt AK after a raise, so I push this guy all in somewhat early on in a sit. I wouldn't normally do this if I didn't see him showing down and donking with A7, A8, K9, I literally saw nothing but crap raises from him. So naturally, he has AA the one time I have a hand to respond. Whatever, nothing I can really do, not blaming anything.

The next two sits, as in the VERY NEXT TWO, I get KK and lose all in to AA, what are the friggin odds? One was 4 handed on the bubble and him in the BB with AA too, ugh!

This other one, though, takes all the cake. I'm 3 handed in a sit, but obviously better than these other two dorks. I look down at a hand I finally get: QQ. After a 3.5xbb raise, and about 2-3 to 3/4 of this guy's stack, I push all in and he immediately calls with FOURFIVE 45! Turns a 2 pair naturally. Probably the sickest crap I've ever seen.

Essentially I am in with the best hand nearly everytime on the bubble or 3 handed and lose, or some crap like running into AA 3 times in a row in tournaments happens. It's honestly getting pretty frustrating, like it doesn't seem to matter what site I play in, my luck continually is horrendous.

What should I do? Do I keep playing? I had that nice hot streak at the beginning, but since, I've done mediocre. Literally up and down, can't profit no matter what I seem to do. I've considered moving up to $11 sits, but I know the quality of play isn't much better. Hell, I have friends who have made 10s of thousands and play $50-200 sits and the players are still awful.

You have to basically get 1st in some sits to make it profitable, too. And I apparently can't. No matter if I have the best hand, early huge stack, whatever. Some complete trash happens.

I'm obviously playing pretty good if my ROI is decent and I had an initial run, but I'm getting tired of waiting for another streak, or at least some AVERAGE luck. Thoughts?