View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok, so AP releases bits a pieces of information to the public through ABC, MSNBC, Gambling911.com that was not first told to pocketfives and 2p2. They gather everyones responses/reactions (from the board here) to these new bits to figure out exactly which angle the community will accept, they edit their upcomming statement which is now tailored to everyones expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Let them make a final, official statement in the mainstream media, and let's see how it holds up. They've already covered their asses by releasing this statement on a friday afternoon, with the disclaimer that it's not offical yet. Let's not be too trigger happy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the source wanted to stay unknown. There's no way they are gonna release this crap in their official statement.

(btw, Is tracing back Scott Tom's IP to his homeadress not enough to disclaim the 'geek' theory. and there's always the chipdumping if it isn't)

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the geek broke into Scott Tom's house or sat outside and tapped into his wireless network while parked outside his house. The geek certainly went through an elaborate and lengthy process in order to prove a vulnerability that otherwise could of have been proven in a few minutes. A geek risking his current job, any future employment, his freedom, and maybe his personnel well being in order to prove a security breech is absurd.