View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Henry. I'll try to answer your questions.

1. Just about eery credit card will offer you a 0% balance transfer or convenience checks with a 0% rate. You either write the checks out to yourself, or transfer the balance to another card where you do not have a balance, and then request a refund for your "overpayment"

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you are playing a shell game with credit cards. You'll constantly need to apply for new cards to keep this up. I can't see how this would get you more then $10k at the upper max $15k. I hardly see how that would be worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
I would highly suggest getting a credit card, if for nothing else, to build your credit score. You don't need to put much on it, just put around $50 a month of your regular purchases on it and pay it off in full every month. You'll need a credit history to qualify for a mortgage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't give me financial advise. I drive a $90k car. You are kiting money off credit cards.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't see how salary has anything to do with stock picking ability or this thread, other than people's general curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't. I'm just trying to figure out why you are not investing now and why you need to kite money off credit cards and borrow from prosper.com.

Someone with a well paying job should have sufficient disposable income and credit to do this without getting into these quasi-legal credit situations.

There is also the question that if you are delusional about your job then it increases the possibility that you are also delusional about your investments.

[/ QUOTE ]

First everything I am doing is perfectly legal and the credit card companies know about it and don't have a problem with it. Borrowing money from prosper is not kiting, it is taking out a loan. Also, you don't need to constantly apply for new cards. Yes, you are going to end up with a lot of cards, but as you move balance from one account ot another, suddenly your old account start sending you balance offers again. If you don't have any good offers from an existing card, then yes, you'd probably have to open a new one. As a general rule of thumb, the free offers don't start coming in until you reach your annual salary. I'm close to that point and am still getting offers every other day in the mail. I don't plan to take out any more loans for the time being because I want to leave a little bit of breathing room so I will still be able to get approved for more 0% offers when my promotional periods start ending next spring/summer.

If you don't have a single credit card, you probably don't have a very high credit score. Getting a credit card costs you nothing, and if you pay your balance every month will not cost you anything either. If you get a good card you can even earn lots of rewards for absolutely free. And you drive a 90k car? I would think you should know that, but from the sounds of it, you might have a lot of money, but you don't know much about managing it. I'm assuming you are just planning to buy your house for cash, otherwise good luck if you have never had a line of credit in your life.

I'd be able to pay back all of my loans over time even if all my stocks went bankrupt. Even though that would indeed suck.

I thought you were fairly smart until your last post. Now i'm not so sure.

It is also much more likely that I am a computer programmer than you drive a $90k car.

And I've posted my investments (what i picked, how i picked them to perform, and on what date -- you can determine if i'm right or wrong based on that). So you may think i'm delusional, but i'm not delusional about my investments. You can go back and search and see how each pick would have performed. I think you will find i'm off to a great start on building an extremely good track record.