View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: \"Earn $30,000 Per Month Playing Online Poker\" by Ryan Wiseman

First off I want Ryan Wiseman to step out of his igloo or whatever he is in up in Canada and post to defend his book seeing as he is a member here and promoted these forums in the book itself.

I also want him to put up his playing usernames so he can be Sharkscoped. His book advocates strongly looking up other players using programs like Poker Prophecy and even trading databases with other regulars at your sit n go buy in level that you play at to find out info on opponents. I think fair is fair if you want to see other people's stats why not share your own rather than letting your publisher put out their little press release bio on you with your claim of making 100k.

Okay now as far as the questions-No ICM mention although his bubble strategy seems to be what those that are ICM knowledgeable would advocate he doesnt seem to really go further and explain it all out. Also some of his plays late in the tourney on the bubble I think are kinda borderline based on ICM.

For a beginner this book would probably leave you with more questions than answers and more leaks to plug. The style he suggests you play has some huge flaws. I feel to even call it a system or a style would be wrong because it is soo incomplete.

I feel it is a letdown but hey like I said before it is 13 bucks and I have decided I don't have a gambling addiction as much as I have a gambling book addiction so it didn't make me feel too bad to buy this book even though it is a disappointment.

I like the idea of the book of taking someone at a low level, taking them to the higher levels, and basicly showing how to grind up a bankroll with guidelines. I would have liked him to show based on ROI how many games you can play at one level before you can expect to move on and suggestions as to what your goals should be each day so you can stay on track for reaching your target. He needs to explore ICM and present a lot more situations on each level using the ICM theory and getting a reader used to applying it while also keeping in mind the mindset of players at each level and how that may change ones own decision making in each situation.

I think basicly I would like the same book but just have Eric "Sheets" Haber, or Jennifear write it. ha